I like the idea that Writing is Learning. I, myself have never been much of a writer especially a journal writer, but the idea always seemed intriguing. I don't know why I have never even tried to write in a journal and I honestly think I would have a hard time asking my students to do such since I never considered doing it.
The writing process the text offers is nice. It breaks it down in a way that I feel would make writing more interesting to students. I thinking in order to making the writing process more interesting to students and have them be more willing to write wether it is prompt writing or free journal writing it has to be fun, interesting and most of all a natural feel. I think the of being graded on your writing work, especially when it is a personal free write is intimidating and discouraging to anyone. The idea of not focusing on grading the little things would help and giving feedback prompts would push and drive a student to dig deeper within themselves and want to write more.
Of course I will first practice these prompts on my sons who have to suffer happily through my learning to see if even they at their age can be encouraged to write or read and what ever is next that I am being taught can process, understand and do what ever it is that I am asking/showing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment